Whether you’re shopping on an online fashion boutique or not, there are several items of clothing that we think your wardrobe should never be without. No matter what time of the year it is or what is currently in fashion, here are the garments and accessories that are must-have year-round.
1) A trench coat: Do coats come any more classic than a trend coat? We think not. However, many women avoid wearing trench coats for the simple reason that they’re worried about looking like an extra from a bad spy movie! We totally understand this as a poorly-fitting trench coat can undoubtedly make you look like a stereotypical spy, but ensuring you look fabulous is very simple and straightforward: go for a tailored option that goes to the knee-line or just below it. All stores that offer boutique clothing online will stock trench coats.
2) Flat shoes: I love to wear a pair of heels as much as the next girl (even though after twenty years I still struggle to balance!); however a stylish pair of flats is something that I’d never be without – and nor should you. There seems to be a stigma attached to flat shoes, i.e. that they’re not classy and can’t be stylish, but that’s absolute codswallop! Choose the right colour (I like a deep red) and a style that compliments your feet and general style, and you’ll be onto a winner. Any shoe boutique worth its salt will have an excellent selection to choose from.
3) A cashmere jumper: Is there anything cosier (particularly in winter) than a cashmere sweater? I love them – and so should you! Why? Well, firstly they are luxurious. Secondly, they come in a myriad of colours to suit any style and look. And thirdly, they are exceptionally versatile; you can wear them out and about, in the office or when you’re relaxing at home.
4) A slimming skirt: An A-line skirt that tightens me up slightly has to be one of my go-to items of clothing. No-nonsense. No-fuss. It looks great, does the job and accentuates my figure – and it can do that for you too! The key to finding the right fit is also ensure that it is tight enough to hug your contours, but not so tight that it restricts your movement.
5) A scarf: Not just any old scarf though, obviously. Opt for a scarf that is unique and sets you apart from the crowd. Scarves – in my opinion – are vastly underestimated and underused. They can be used to jazz up a ‘beige’ or boring outfit or simply to complement other colours you may be wearing. Oh, and you can also turn it into a quirky belt if you so desire. Online boutique clothing stores always have a wide variety of scarves to choose from, so don’t worry about not finding the right one for you!
6) A belt: A leather belt is an absolute must-have. If you don’t agree with wearing animal products, then a faux-leather option will do precisely the same job as the real thing. A stylish belt will complete your look and add a touch of elegance and class. Plus, it can be worn with pretty much any outfit – casual or formal.
…and there you have it – six items that no-one’s wardrobe should be without!
Do you agree with our choices? What would you add or take away? Let us know!
If you’re looking to bolster your wardrobe via an online clothes boutique, then we cannot recommend the following store highly enough:
Thanks for stopping by!